Probes: HER2 (17q11.2-q12) | 17 (Cen 17)
Disease(s): Gastric cancer, gastroesophageal junction (GEJ) cancer, esophageal adenocarcinoma, and others
Determines anti-HER2 therapy.
- Pathology Report: A copy of the pathology report is required for HER2 testing (global cases only).
- IHC Report with GEA Samples: For gastroesophageal specimens submitted for global HER2 Non-Breast FISH, we require a copy of the HER2 IHC report (if it is not available to us in NeoLINK™) so that we may interpret FISH results using 2016 CAP/ASCP/ASCO guidelines. Client Services will call your office or lab for missing IHC reports.
- Bone Marrow Aspirate: N/A
- Peripheral Blood: N/A
- Fresh, Unfixed Tissue: N/A
- Fluids: N/A
- Paraffin Block: Send paraffin block. Also send circled H&E slide for tech-only (required).
- Cut Slides: H&E slide (required) plus 4 unstained slides cut at 4-5 microns. Circle H&E slide for tech-only.
Refrigerate specimen. Do not freeze. Use cold pack for transport, making sure cold pack is not in direct contact with specimen.