Probes: ABL1 (9q34); ASS1 (9q34; BCR (22q11.2)
Disease(s): CML, ALL, MPN
Note: For suspected ALL, STAT processing is available by request. Note STAT along with MD contact name and phone number to receive STAT results.
Translocation 9;22 is seen in chronic myelogenous leukemia and acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Bone Marrow Aspirate: 1-2mL Sodium Heparin Tube. EDTA tube is acceptable
- Peripheral Blood: 2-5mL Sodium Heparin Tube. EDTA tube is acceptable
- Fresh, Unfixed Tissue: Tissue in RPMI
- Fluids: Equal parts RPMI to specimen volume.
- Paraffin or Cut Slides: N/A
Refrigerate specimen. Do not freeze. Use cold pack for transport, making sure cold pack is not in direct contact with specimen.
3-5 days. STAT results, when requested, are reported 12-24 hours from receipt in the NeoGenomics laboratory.