Probes: ALK (2p23) | BCL6 (3q27) | MYC (8q24) | CCND1/IgH t(11;14) | IgH (14q32) | IgH/BCL2 t(14;18) | MALT1 (18q21)
Probes may be ordered separately.
The NHL FISH panel is used for the detection of chromosome aberrations observed in lymphoma.
- Bone Marrow Aspirate: 1-2mL Sodium Heparin Tube. EDTA tube is acceptable
- Peripheral Blood: 2-5mL Sodium Heparin Tube. EDTA tube is acceptable
- Fresh, Unfixed Tissue: Tissue in RPMI
- Fluids: Equal parts RPMI to specimen volume.
- Paraffin Block: H&E slide (required) plus paraffin block. Circle H&E for tech-only.
- Cut Slide: H&E slide (required) plus 12 unstained slides cut at 4 microns for panel, or 2 unstained slides cut at 4 microns for single abnormalities. Circle H&E for tech-only.
Refrigerate specimen. Do not freeze. Use cold pack for transport, making sure cold pack is not in direct contact with specimen.