Probes: ALK (2p23) | BCL6 (3q27) | MYC (8q24) | CCND1/IgH t(11;14) | IgH (14q32) | IgH/BCL2 t(14;18) | MALT1 (18q21)
Probes may be ordered separately.
The NHL FISH panel is used for the detection of chromosome aberrations observed in lymphoma.
- Bone Marrow Aspirate: 1-2mL Sodium Heparin Tube. EDTA tube is acceptable
- Peripheral Blood: 2-5mL Sodium Heparin Tube. EDTA tube is acceptable
- Fresh, Unfixed Tissue: Tissue in RPMI
- Fluids: Equal parts RPMI to specimen volume.
- Paraffin Block: H&E slide (required) plus paraffin block. Circle H&E for tech-only.
- Cut Slide: H&E slide (required) plus 12 unstained slides cut at 4 microns for panel, or 2 unstained slides cut at 4 microns for single abnormalities. Circle H&E for tech-only.
- Note: Please exclude biopsy needles, blades, and other foreign objects from transport tubes. These can compromise specimen viability and yield, and create hazards for employees.
Refrigerate specimen. Do not freeze. Use cold pack for transport, making sure cold pack is not in direct contact with specimen.