The NeoTYPE® Lymphoma Profile analyzes 12 genes through a combination of next-generation sequencing (NGS), fragment analysis, and FISH as noted below. Test reports include a summary interpretation of all results together. FISH components may be ordered as “Tech-Only” by pathology clients who wish to perform the professional component.
- NGS (12 Genes): BCL1, BCL2, BCL6, BRAF, CARD11, CD79B, EZH2, MYD88, NOTCH1, NOTCH2, NRAS, and TP53
- Fragment Analysis: BCL2 t(14;18)
- FISH: CCND1 (BCL1)/IgH t(11;14)
Genes analyzed in this profile have known roles in lymphoma pathogenesis. Testing is useful for diagnosis, classification, prognosis, and treatment decisions. It is also useful to distinguish between activated B-cell-like (ABC) and germinal center (GC) subtypes, especially in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL).
- Bone marrow (Preferred): 2 mL in EDTA tube.
- Peripheral blood: 5 mL in EDTA tube.
- FFPE tissue: Paraffin block. Alternatively, send 1 H&E slide plus 5-10 unstained slides cut at 5 or more microns. Please use positively-charged slides and 10% NBF fixative is the recommended fixative. Do not use zinc or mercury fixatives (B5). Highly acidic or prolonged decalcification processes will not yield sufficient nucleic acid to accurately perform molecular studies.
Use cold pack for transport, making sure cold pack is not in direct contact with specimen.