NeoTYPE® DNA & RNA - Lung is a targeted next-generation sequencing (NGS) profile that detects single nucleotide variants, insertions/deletions, copy number variants, and/or RNA fusions in a total of 50 genes (44 genes analyzed by DNA and 19 by RNA), plus microsatellite instability(MSI) and tumor mutation burden (TMB). PD-L1 immunohistochemistry is optional. Results are summarized and details provided for prognostic findings, therapy susceptibility or resistance, available clinical trials, and more. A microsatellite instability (MSI) NGS result of “indeterminate” will create a reflex to MSI by PCR as long as the tumor percentage is ≥40% and paired normal tissue is available. If the sample is insufficient to produce both DNA and RNA results, the available results will be reported and alternate CPT® Codes may apply.
- SNV/Indels (44 genes): AKT1, ALK, ARAF, ARID1A, ATM, ATR, ATRX, BRAF, CDKN2A, CDKN2B, EGFR, ERBB2, ERBB3, ERBB4, FBXW7, FGFR1, FGFR2, FGFR3, FGFR4, KEAP1, KIT, KMT2D, KRAS, MAP2K1, MET, NF1, NFE2L2, NOTCH1, NRAS, NTRK1, NTRK3, PDGFRA, PIK3CA, PTEN, RB1, RBM10, RET, ROS1, SMAD4, SMARCA4, SMO, STK11, TERT Promoter, and TP53
- RNA Fusions (19 genes): ALK, BRAF, FGFR1, FGFR2, FGFR3, FGFR4, MET including METex14 skipping, NOTCH1, NOTCH2, NRG1, NTRK1, NTRK2, NTRK3, PDGFB, PDGFRA, PDGFRB, RAF1, RET, ROS1
- CNVs (2 genes): ERBB2 amplification, MET amplification
- Biomarkers: Microsatellite Instability (MSI), Tumor Mutation Burden (TMB), optional PD-L1 22C3 FDA for NSCLC (PD-L1 tech-only available)
NeoTYPE® DNA & RNA - Lung detects genomic alterations that are most relevant to therapy selection, prognosis, and clinical trial options in non-small cell lung cancer. It is appropriate for patients with newly diagnosed, recurrent, or resistant disease.
FFPE solid tumor tissue: Minimum surface area 10mm2 with ≥20% tumor content. Please use positively-charged slides and 10% NBF fixative. Do not use zinc fixatives.
- Paraffin block: Preferred.
- Cut slides: Send ≥14 unstained sections cut at 5 microns plus one H&E slide (which NeoGenomics will keep). Add 3 slides if ordering PD-L1 IHC.
Use cold pack for transport, making sure cold pack is not in direct contact with specimen.