Probes: 5q-, -5 (5p15, 5q31, 5q33) | 7q-, -7 (Cen 7, 7q22, 7q31) | Trisomy 8 (Cen 8) | MLL (11q23) | 20q- (20q12, 20qter)
Probes may be ordered separately except +8 and 20q- which are combined.
Disease(s): Myelodysplastic syndrome
The MDS Standard FISH Panel identifies the most frequent cytogenetic abnormalities associated with favorable, intermediate, and poor risk according to IPSS guidelines (since revised). See also the separate listing for MDS Extended FISH Panel which accommodates the 2012 IPSS-Revised classification.
- Bone Marrow Aspirate: 1-2 mL sodium heparin tube. EDTA tube is acceptable.
- Peripheral Blood: 2-5 mL sodium heparin tube. EDTA tube is acceptable.
- Fresh, Unfixed Tissue: Tissue in RPMI.
- Fluids: Equal parts RPMI to specimen volume.
- Paraffin Block or Cut Slides: Not available.
- Note: Please exclude biopsy needles, blades, and other foreign objects from transport tubes. These can compromise specimen viability and yield, and create hazards for employees.
Use cold pack for transport, making sure cold pack is not in direct contact with specimen.