Ki67 is a nuclear protein expressed in proliferating cells. Ki67 is expressed in all phases of the cell cycle except for G0. In neuroendocrine tumors (NET), Ki67 is useful in grading well- differentiated neuroendocrine tumors.
- A formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue block is preferred specimen type
- One (1) unbaked, unstained slide cut at 4-5 microns for H&E staining (required) and two to three (2-3) positively charged unstained slides cut at 3-4 microns for each test/antibody ordered
- Block and slide identifiers should be clearly written and match exactly with the specimen ID and specimen labeling as noted on the requisition.
Use cold pack for transport. Make sure cold pack is not in direct contact with specimen.
Global: 48 hours, Tech-Only (stain only): 24 hours
- Jernman J, Välimäki MJ, Louhimo J, Haglund C, Arola J. The novel WHO 2010 classification for gastrointestinal neuroendocrine tumours correlates well with the metastatic potential of rectal neuroendocrine tumours. Neuroendocrinology. 2012;95(4):317-324. doi:10.1159/000333035
- Yamaguchi T, Fujimori T, Tomita S, et al. Clinical validation of the gastrointestinal NET grading system: Ki67 index criteria of the WHO 2010 classification is appropriate to predict metastasis or recurrence. Diagn Pathol. 2013;8:65. Published 2013 Apr 22. doi:10.1186/1746-1596-8-65