Probe(s): JAK2 (9p24.1)
Also available as part of ALL FISH Panel (Ph-Like)
JAK2 (9p24.1) break-apart test by FISH is useful for detecting JAK2 rearrangements in eosinophilia workup. Eosinophilia is a common feature of the diseases that are recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO) category, “Myeloid/lymphoid neoplasms with eosinophilia and rearrangement of PDGFRA, PDGFRB, or FGFR1, or with PCM1-JAK2.”
- Bone Marrow Aspirate: 1-2 mL in sodium heparin tube. EDTA tube is acceptable.
- Peripheral Blood: 2-5 mL sodium heparin tube. EDTA tube is acceptable.
- Fresh, Unfixed Tissue: Tissue in RPMI
- Fluids: Equal parts RPMI to specimen volume
- Paraffin Block or Cut Slides: Not Available
- Note: Please exclude biopsy needles, blades, and other foreign objects from transport tubes. These can compromise specimen viability and yield, and create hazards for employees.
Refrigerate specimen. Do not freeze. Use cold pack for transport, making sure cold pack is not in direct contact with specimen.