Detection of clonal IgH gene rearragements by PCR of IgH framework regions 1, 2, 3 and joining regions. In addition, Ig Kappa gene rearrangement analysis is performed using specific oligonucleotides recognizing the Vk, intragenic and Jk regions. Testing is approved for specimens from the state of New York.
Detects monoclonal B-cell immunoglobulin gene rearrangement. Interpret in clinical context for diagnosis of leukemia, lymphoma, and plasma cell dyscrasia.
- Peripheral blood: 5 mL in EDTA tube.
- Bone marrow: 2 mL in EDTA tube.
- FFPE tissue: Paraffin block is preferred. Alternatively, send 1 H&E slide plus 5-10 unstained slides cut at 5 or more microns. Please use positively-charged slides and 10% NBF fixative. Do not use zinc fixatives.
- Fresh tissue: Two pieces minimum, 0.2 cm3 in RPMI.
- Note: Please exclude biopsy needles, blades, and other foreign objects from transport tubes. These can compromise specimen viability and yield, and create hazards for employees.
Refrigerate fresh tissue until shipping. For all specimens, use cold pack for transport. Make sure cold pack is not in direct contact with specimen.