Topo2A, topoisomerase IIa
Probes: TOP2A (17q21-q22) | Cen 17 (17p11.1-q11.1)
Disease(s): Breast cancer
Note: Available as a global test only.
TOP2A (topoisomerase IIa) amplification has been associated with positive response to anthracycline therapy in breast cancer patients.
- Pathology Report: A copy of the pathology report is required for TOP2A testing
- Bone Marrow Aspirate: N/A
- Peripheral Blood: N/A
- Fresh, Unfixed Tissue: N/A
- Fluids: N/A
- Paraffin block: Send paraffin block
- Cut slides: H&E slide (required) plus 4 unstained slides cut at 4-5 microns
Storage and Transportation
Use cold pack for transport, making sure cold pack is not in direct contact with specimen.
88377x1 manual or 88374x1 automated