Probes: NTRK1 (1q23.1), NTRK2 (9q21.33), NTRK3 (15q25.3)
Disease(s): Various solid tumors.
The NTRK 1, 2, 3 FISH Panel provides simultaneous analysis of NTRK1, NTRK2, and NTRK3 for gene rearrangements (fusions) to identify TRK-inhibitor therapy and clinical trial options using break-apart probes. This panel is useful for screening solid tumors. Approximately 1% of solid tumors overall will have a positive FISH panel result. FISH-negative results in any tumor type may be confirmed with the NTRK NGS Fusion Profile. Pan-TRK IHC testing is also available to screen most tumors with low fusion frequencies. See also NTRK3 FISH for tumors with very high NTRK3 fusion frequencies. Fusion partners of the NTRK gene are not identified by this FISH panel but are identified by the NTRK NGS Fusion Profile.
- Bone marrow aspirate: N/A
- Peripheral blood: N/A
- Fresh, unfixed tissue: N/A.
- Fluids: N/A
- Paraffin block: Send paraffin block. Also send circled H&E slide for tech-only (required).
- Cut slides: H&E slide (required) plus 5 unstained slides cut at 4-5 microns. Circle H&E slide for tech-only.
Use cold pack for transport, making sure cold pack is not in direct contact with specimen.
- Cocco E, Scaltriti M, Drilon A. NTRK fusion-positive cancers and TRK inhibitor therapy. Nat Rev Clin Oncol. 2018;15:731-747.
- Chen Y, Chi P. Basket trial of TRK inhibitors demonstrates efficacy in TRK fusion-positive cancers. J Hematol Oncol. 2018;11:78.