The NeoARRAY SNP/Cytogenetic Profile is available for hematological, solid tumor, and pregnancy loss indications. With the best genome-wide coverage available, this test employs an enhanced SNP microarray with over 2.6 million SNP and non-polymorphic markers for detection of copy number variants (deletions, duplications, and amplifications) and loss of heterozygosity or uniparental disomy (LOH or UPD) in any chromosome. Sensitivity and specificity for detection of copy number variants >400 kb is >99%. Testing may not reliably detect abnormalities present in less than 20% of the cells tested. Balanced rearrangements, including translocations and inversions, are not detectable by this method. Clients may request NeoARRAY on POC as the sole test, or they may order POC cytogenetics with reflex to NeoARRAY if the POC culture fails or if cytogenetic results are normal. For reflex orders, if there is no cell attachment or growth after 14 days in culture, a cytogenetics failure report will be issued and NeoARRAY will be performed. If there is limited cell attachment after 14 days in culture, NeoGenomics will contact the client for instructions. When array testing is not performed, a fee will be charged for DNA extraction (which is performed upon specimen receipt).
This test provides genome-wide characterization of chromosomal imbalances at resolution approximately 10-25 times higher than conventional cytogenetics. Testing is appropriate in hematological disorders and solid tumors to obtain a detailed description of breakpoints and unidentified material in abnormal karyotyes, for detecting abnormalities in samples with normal karyotype, and for use after cytogenetics failure due to lack of growth or inadequate metaphases. Microarray testing such as the NeoARRAY is the only test for detection of copy-neutral loss of heterozygosity and uniparental disomy. Array testing is most often used in CLL, MDS, ALL, AML, and solid tumors.
- Peripheral blood: 5 mL in EDTA tube.
- Bone marrow: 2 mL in EDTA tube.
- Fresh tumor tissue: 0.5- 1 cm3 in RPMI.
- Products of conception (without cytogenetics):
- Dissected chorionic villi or known fetal tissue (preferred). Please send at least 50-100 mg villi or 0.5- 1 cm3 tissue(s) to our Aliso Viejo, CA laboratory.
- Uterine contents or tissue of mixed fetal/maternal origin: Please send at least 50-100 mg villi or 0.5 -1 cm3 tissue(s) to our Nashville, TN laboratory.
- Note: Place tissue in RPMI. Note type of tissue(s) sent on the test requisition and whether it is fetal in origin or mixed maternal/fetal. Please see our contact page for the shipping addresses.
- POC (cytogenetics reflex to NeoARRAY): Please send at least 50-100 mg villi or 1- 1.5 cm3 tissue(s) to our Nashville, TN laboratory.
- Note: Place tissue in RPMI. Note type(s) of tissue on test requisition, and send to our Nashville, TN facility. Please see our contact page for the shipping address.
- Note: Dissected chorionic villi or known fetal tissue(s) are preferred, but uterine contents or tissue of mixed fetal/maternal origin is acceptable and will be processed. Please include villi if sending tissue from a fetal demise. Tissues placed in formalin are unacceptable.
- Note: Please exclude biopsy needles, blades, and other foreign objects from transport tubes. These can compromise specimen viability and yield, and create hazards for employees.
Use cold pack for transport, making sure cold pack is not in direct contact with specimen. Ship same day as drawn whenever possible; specimens <48 hours old preferred.