Probes: FGFR3/IgH t(4;14) | CCND1/IgH t(11;14) | IgH/MAF t(14;16) | Probes for each translocation may be ordered separately. Disease(s): Plasma cell myeloma, multiple myeloma
Note: Plasma cell enrichment will be performed on bone marrow or blood samples unless our client directs us otherwise. (Peripheral blood is not recommended as a screening specimen unless increased plasma cells are seen on blood smear.) Specimens should be received in our laboratory within 72 hours of collection. If enriched samples are insufficient to complete the whole panel, NeoGenomics will prioritize t(4;14) testing unless directed otherwise by our client.
The Multiple Myeloma IgH Complex Reflex FISH panel is performed when IgH is rearranged. This panel is used to identify the IgH partner gene in myeloma, which has prognostic impact. IgH rearrangements are found in 55-70% of myelomas. Together t(4;14), t(11;14) and t(14;16) are found in approximately 35% of myelomas and in 90% of myelomas when there is an IgH gene rearrangement present.
- Bone Marrow Aspirate: 1-2mL Sodium Heparin Tube. EDTA tube is acceptable
- Peripheral Blood: Not recommended as a screening specimen unless increased plasma cells are seen on blood smear. 2-5mL sodium heparin tube. EDTA tube is acceptable.
- Fresh, Unfixed Tissue: Tissue in RPMI
- Fluids: Equal parts RPMI to specimen volume
- Paraffin Block or Cut Slide: N/A
Refrigerate specimen. Do not freeze. Use cold pack for transport, making sure cold pack is not in direct contact with specimen. Specimens should be received in our laboratory within 72 hours of collection.