MDS NY Panel
Probes: 5q-, -5 (5p15, 5q31, 5q33) | 7q-, -7 (7q31, Cen 7) | Trisomy 8 (Cen 8) | MLL (11q23) | 20q- (20q12, 20qter)
Probes may be ordered separately except +8 and 20q- which are combined.
Disease(s): Myelodysplastic syndrome
The MDS FISH Panel (New York) identifies the most frequent cytogenetic abnormalities associated with favorable, intermediate, and poor risk.
- Bone Marrow Aspirate: 1-2 mL sodium heparin tube. EDTA tube is acceptable.
- Peripheral Blood: 2-5 mL sodium heparin tube. EDTA tube is acceptable.
- Fresh, Unfixed Tissue: Tissue in RPMI.
- Fluids: Equal parts RPMI to specimen volume.
- Paraffin Block or Cut Slides: Not available.
Storage and Transportation
Use cold pack for transport, making sure cold pack is not in direct contact with specimen.
88374x4 automated. Codes may differ if manual analysis is performed.