Probes: RPN1, MECOM (3q21, 3q26.2) | 5q-, -5 (5p15, 5q31, 5q33) | 7q-, -7 (Cen 7, 7q22, 7q31) | Trisomy 8 (Cen 8) | MLL (11q23) | ETV6 (12p13) | 17p- (TP53 17p13.1, NF1 17q11.2) | +19 (19p13.2, 19q13) | 20q- (20q12, 20qter)
Probes may be ordered separately except +8 and 20q- which are combined.
Disease(s): Myelodysplastic syndrome
The MDS Extended FISH Panel accommodates the 2012 Revised IPSS (IPSS-R) classification of five cytogenetic risk groups: very good, good, intermediate, poor, and very poor.
- Bone marrow aspirate: 1-2 mL sodium heparin tube. EDTA tube is acceptable.
- Peripheral blood: 2-5 mL sodium heparin tube. EDTA tube is acceptable.
- Fresh, unfixed tissue: Tissue in RPMI.
- Fluids: Equal parts RPMI to specimen volume.
- Paraffin block or cut slides: Not available.
- Note: Please exclude biopsy needles, blades, and other foreign objects from transport tubes. These can compromise specimen viability and yield, and create hazards for employees.
Refrigerate specimen. Do not freeze. Use cold pack for transport. Make sure cold pack is not in direct contact with specimen.