Probes: BCL6 (3q27) | CCND1/IgH t(11;14) IgH/BCL2 t(14;18) | MALT1 (18q21)
Probes may be ordered separately.
Disease(s): NHL, B-Cell Lymphoma, MCL, follicular lymphoma, MZL, MALT lymphoma
This targeted panel is appropriate when clinical and morphologic evaluation is most suggestive of a low-grade/small B-cell lymphoma, and high-grade lymphomas (such as large cell anaplastic and Burkitt lymphoma) are not a diagnostic consideration. BCL6 evaluation (included in this panel) can provide further prognostic information in cases of follicular lymphoma since it can indicate a higher risk for transformation to aggressive lymphoma. Low-grade/small B-cell lymphomas include follicular lymphoma, mantle cell lymphoma (MCL), and marginal zone lymphoma (MZL)/MALT lymphomas. Chronic lymphocytic leukemia/small lymphocytic lymphoma (CLL/SLL) is also within this category, but typically has a peripheral blood lymphocytosis and is better evaluated by the CLL FISH Panel or NeoTYPE™ CLL Profile.
- Bone Marrow Aspirate: 1-2mL Sodium Heparin Tube. EDTA tube is acceptable
- Peripheral Blood: 2-5mL Sodium Heparin Tube. EDTA tube is acceptable
- Fresh, Unfixed Tissue: Tissue in RPMI
- Fluids: Equal parts RPMI to specimen volume.
- Paraffin Block: H&E slide (required) plus paraffin block. Circle H&E for tech-only. *** Testing on this specimen type is not yet available for NY specimens.***
- Cut Slide: H&E slide (required) plus 8 unstained slides cut at 4 microns for panel. Circle H&E for tech-only. *** Testing on this specimen type is not yet available for NY specimens.***
Refrigerate specimen. Do not freeze. Use cold pack for transport, making sure cold pack is not in direct contact with specimen.
4 days for both unfixed and FFPE specimens