Probes: BCL6 (3q27) | CCND1/IgH t(11;14) IgH/BCL2 t(14;18) | MALT1 (18q21)
Probes may be ordered separately.
Disease(s): NHL, B-Cell Lymphoma, MCL, follicular lymphoma, MZL, MALT lymphoma
This targeted panel is appropriate when clinical and morphologic evaluation is most suggestive of a low-grade/small B-cell lymphoma, and high-grade lymphomas (such as large cell anaplastic and Burkitt lymphoma) are not a diagnostic consideration. BCL6 evaluation (included in this panel) can provide further prognostic information in cases of follicular lymphoma since it can indicate a higher risk for transformation to aggressive lymphoma. Low-grade/small B-cell lymphomas include follicular lymphoma, mantle cell lymphoma (MCL), and marginal zone lymphoma (MZL)/MALT lymphomas. Chronic lymphocytic leukemia/small lymphocytic lymphoma (CLL/SLL) is also within this category, but typically has a peripheral blood lymphocytosis and is better evaluated by the CLL FISH Panel or NeoTYPE™ CLL Profile.
- Bone Marrow Aspirate: 1-2mL Sodium Heparin Tube. EDTA tube is acceptable
- Peripheral Blood: 2-5mL Sodium Heparin Tube. EDTA tube is acceptable
- Fresh, Unfixed Tissue: Tissue in RPMI
- Fluids: Equal parts RPMI to specimen volume.
- Paraffin Block: H&E slide (required) plus paraffin block. Circle H&E for tech-only.
- Cut Slide: H&E slide (required) plus 8 unstained slides cut at 4 microns for panel. Circle H&E for tech-only.
- Note: Please exclude biopsy needles, blades, and other foreign objects from transport tubes. These can compromise specimen viability and yield, and create hazards for employees.
Refrigerate specimen. Do not freeze. Use cold pack for transport, making sure cold pack is not in direct contact with specimen.
4 days for both unfixed and FFPE specimens