Probes: IgH/MAFB t(14;20)
This probe combination may be ordered separately or added to any of our mye
Disease(s): Myeloma, MGUSloma FISH panels.
The translocation (14;20) is rare in multiple myeloma (MM) but associated with a poor prognosis for that diagnosis. In contrast, t(14;20) in patients with MGUS is associated with a long-term stable disease.
- Bone Marrow Aspirate: 1-2 mL sodium heparin tube. EDTA tube is acceptable.
- Peripheral Blood: 2-5 mL sodium heparin tube. EDTA tube is acceptable.
- Fresh, Unfixed Tissue: Tissue in RPMI.
- Fluids: Equal parts RPMI to specimen volume.
- Paraffin Block or Cut Slides: Not available.
Use cold pack for transport, making sure cold pack is not in direct contact with specimen.