Probes: TP53 (17p13.1) | SMS Critical Region (SMSCR) (17p11.2) | Centromere 17 | RARA (17q21.1
Disease(s): Breast cancer
Testing is performed only on a global basis at this time.
Testing is performed only on a global basis at this time. This panel supplements an equivocal HER2 FISH result by analyzing flanking markers RARA, Smith-Magenis Syndrome Critical Region (SMSCR), and TP53. The additional markers can differentiate gains consistent with polysomy, co-amplification of HER2 and the centromere, or amplification of just the centromere region, which can mask HER2 amplification. Testing can help identify which equivocal patients have appropriate gene status for anti-HER2 therapy. The Equivocal Panel is available as reflex after HER2 FISH global test orders, as an add-on to HER2 FISH, or it can be ordered when HER2 FISH is performed elsewhere. In the latter case when HER2 is tested elsewhere, NeoGenomics will run HER2 concurrently with the Equivocal Panel unless HER2 was tested previously in our lab on the same block. This is because HER2 is a useful internal reference for the Equivocal Panel.
- Pathology Report: A copy of the pathology report is required (global cases only).
- Bone marrow aspirate: N/A
- Peripheral blood: N/A
- Fresh, unfixed tissue: N/A
- Fluids: N/A
- Paraffin block: Send paraffin block.
- Cut slides: H&E slide (required) plus 4 unstained slides cut at 4-5 microns for stand-alone orders. If ordering globally with reflex after HER2 Breast FISH, add one cut unstained slide (5 total).
Use cold pack for transport. Make sure cold pack is not in direct contact with specimen.
3-5 days. Add 3-5 days if HER2 FISH is performed first.