COMPASS® is a comprehensive diagnostic solution, guided by a board-certified hematopathologist that provides an accurate, actionable, and definitive diagnosis for complex hematologic malignancies.
Includes COMPASS® consultation report, clinical pathology evaluation, bone marrow morphology, flow cytometry, cytogenetics and/or fluorescent in situ hybridization (FISH), and molecular tests as medically necessary.
Hematologic malignancies consist of more than 100 different subtypes of leukemias and lymphomas. Frequently, blood cancers require a comprehensive laboratory work-up with multiple test modalities in order to generate a differential diagnosis and render a definitive diagnosis.
COMPASS is a selected and personalized lab work-up to provide diagnostic clarity and often prognostic or predictive information to help inform effective patient care management.
- Peripheral Blood Kit:
- (1) 6 mL in EDTA tube AND
- (2) 6 mL sodium heparin tubes AND
- (2) bedside smears
- Bone Marrow Kit:
- (3) 4 mL sodium heparin tubes AND
- (1) 6 mL Peripheral Blood and (1) 4 mL Bone Marrow Aspirate in EDTA tubes AND
- (2) Peripheral Blood bedside smears AND
- (6) Bone Marrow smears AND
- (2) Bone Marrow core touch prep slides
- Lymph Node: Not Available
- NY Clients: Please provide Date and Time of Collection.
Specimens should be received at NeoGenomics within 72 hours from collection to assure sample integrity and acceptable cell viability. Note: New York State samples must be received within 48 hours from collection per NYS requirements. Ship same day as drawn whenever possible. Refrigerate specimen. Do not freeze. Use cold pack for transport, making sure cold pack is not in direct contact with specimen.
8-10 Days (14 Days if NGS testing is included)