Probes: 6q- [SEC63 (6q21), MYB (6q23)] | ATM (11q22.3) | p53 (17p13.1) | Trisomy 12 (Cen 12) | 13q-/-13 (13q14, 13q34) | CCND1/IgH t(11;14) | Probes may be ordered separately (except 12 and 13 are tested together, and ATM is tested with p53).
Disease(s): Chronic lymphocytic leukemia
Note: This test was previously called CLL FISH Panel (non-New York). It is now New York state-approved and available to all clients.
The CLL FISH panel is used for the detection of chromosome aberrations observed in chronic lymphocytic leukemia/small lymphocytic lymphoma, which are useful in prognosis and prediction of time to treatment in CLL patients when used in combination with other clinical and diagnostic findings. CCND1/IgH is used to rule out mantle cell leukemia/lymphoma.
- Bone Marrow Aspirate: 1-2 mL sodium heparin tube. EDTA tube is acceptable.
- Peripheral Blood: 2-5 mL sodium heparin tube. EDTA tube is acceptable.
- Fresh, Unfixed Tissue: Tissue in RPMI.
- Fluids: Equal parts RPMI to specimen volume
- Paraffin Block: Send paraffin block. Also send circled H&E slide for tech-only (required). Note: Not approved for p53 probe. Not approved for NYS samples.
- Cut Slides: H&E slide (required) plus 4 unstained slides cut at 4-5 microns. Circle H&E slide for tech-only. Note: Not approved for p53 probe. Not approved for NYS samples.
- Note: Please exclude biopsy needles, blades, and other foreign objects from transport tubes. These can compromise specimen viability and yield, and create hazards for employees.
Use cold pack for transport, making sure cold pack is not in direct contact with specimen.