Chronic lymphocytic leukemia
Probes: 6q- [SEC63 (6q21), MYB (6q23)] | ATM (11q22.3) | p53 (17p13.1) | Trisomy 12 (Cen 12) | 13q-/-13 (13q14, 13q34) | CCND1/IgH t(11;14) | Probes may be ordered separately (except 12 and 13 are tested together, and ATM is tested with p53).
Disease(s): Chronic lymphocytic leukemia
Note: This test was previously called CLL FISH Panel (non-New York). It is now New York state-approved and available to all clients.
The CLL FISH panel is used for the detection of chromosome aberrations observed in chronic lymphocytic leukemia/small lymphocytic lymphoma, which are useful in prognosis and prediction of time to treatment in CLL patients when used in combination with other clinical and diagnostic findings. CCND1/IgH is used to rule out mantle cell leukemia/lymphoma.
- Bone Marrow Aspirate: 1-2 mL sodium heparin tube. EDTA tube is acceptable.
- Peripheral Blood: 2-5 mL sodium heparin tube. EDTA tube is acceptable.
- Fresh, Unfixed Tissue: Tissue in RPMI.
- Fluids: Equal parts RPMI to specimen volume
- Paraffin Block or Cut Slides: Not available.
Storage and Transportation
Use cold pack for transport, making sure cold pack is not in direct contact with specimen.
88374x4 automated. Codes may differ if manual analysis is performed.