Available as global and tech-only. Available as stand-alone test (as described here) or as add-on to panels. Markers are CD3, CD19, CD45, and CD52. Additional markers may be necessary to identify a subset of abnormal cells in a background of normal cells.
Identifies CD52+ patients with B-CLL, other B-cell neoplasms, or T-cell neoplasms including mycosis fungoides (MF) and Sezary syndrome who may be considered for alemtuzumab (anti-CD52, Campath®) therapy. See also T-Cell Therapy Panel for more extensive analysis of 10 T-cell markers.
- Bone Marrow Aspirate: 1-2 mL EDTA. Sodium heparin is acceptable. Lithium heparin or ACD (pale yellow/no gel separator) is not acceptable. Please provide recent CBC report.
- Peripheral Blood: 1-2 mL EDTA. Sodium heparin is acceptable. Lithium heparin or ACD (pale yellow/no gel separator) is not acceptable. Please provide recent CBC report.
- Fresh Bone Marrow Core Biopsy: 1-2cm core (length) tissue in RPMI
- Fresh/Unfixed Tissue: 0.2 cm3 minimum in RPMI
- Fluids and FNAs: Equal parts RPMI and specimen volume
- NY Clients: Please provide Date and Time of Collection.
- Note: Please exclude biopsy needles, blades, and other foreign objects from transport tubes. These can compromise specimen viability and yield, and create hazards for employees.
Specimens should be received at NeoGenomics within 72 hours from collection to assure sample integrity and acceptable cell viability. Note: New York State samples must be received within 48 hours from collection per NYS requirements. Ship same day as drawn whenever possible. Refrigerate specimen. Do not freeze. Use cold pack for transport, making sure cold pack is not in direct contact with specimen.