Probes: BCL2 (18q21)
Disease(s): B-cell lymphoma, non-Hodgkin lympoma (NHL), follicular lymphoma (FL), diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL)
This BCL2 break-apart probe enables detection of BCL2 rearrangements at 18q21 irrespective of the partner gene. Detection of BCL2 rearrangement aids in diagnosis and classification of follicular lymphoma (FL), diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL), and other aggressive B-cell lymphomas in conjunction with clinical, morphologic, and flow cytometric data. The most frequent rearrangement partner is IgH (14q32). Rarely, variant translocations involve the light chain genes Ig lambda (22q11) or Ig kappa (2p12), AFF3 (2q11), or the mu switch region. BCL2 functions in anti-apoptosis and its overexpression is implicated in oncogenesis.
- Bone Marrow Aspirate: 1-2mL Sodium Heparin Tube. EDTA tube is acceptable
- Peripheral Blood: 2-5mL Sodium Heparin Tube. EDTA tube is acceptable
- Fresh, Unfixed Tissue: Tissue in RPMI
- Fluids: Equal parts RPMI to specimen volume
- Paraffin Block: H&E slide (required) plus paraffin block. Circle H&E for tech-only
- Cut Slides: H&E slide (required) plus 2 unstained slides cut at 4 microns. Circle H&E for tech-only.
Storage and Transportation
Refrigerate specimen. Do not freeze. Use cold pack for transport, making sure cold pack is not in direct contact with specimen.
88377x1 manual or 88374x1 automated
4 days (for both unfixed and FFPE specimens)