- Global orders: Please order Amyloid A&P Panel and submit a Congo Red-stained slide for our reference (required). If Congo Red staining was not done or the slide is not available, please order a Consult instead so we can coordinate Congo Red staining followed by amyloid A and P staining as indicated. Individual orders for Amyloid A or Amyloid P are not available with global service.
- Tech-only (stain only) orders: Please order Amyloid A and/or Amyloid P as individual stains. The Panel combination is not available with tech-only service, nor is it necessary to submit a Congo Red-stained slide.
- A formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue block is preferred specimen type
- One (1) unbaked, unstained slide for H&E staining (required) and two to four (2-4) positively charged unstained slides (all cut at 4-5 microns)
- Block and slide identifiers should be clearly written and match exactly with the specimen ID and specimen labeling as noted on the requisition.
*The CPT codes provided with our test descriptions are based on AMA guidelines and are for informational purposes only. Correct CPT coding is the sole responsibility of the billing party. Please direct any questions regarding coding to the payor being billed.