Probes: 5q-, -5 (5p15, 5q31, 5q33) | 7q-, -7 (Cen 7, 7q22, 7q31) | Trisomy 8 (Cen 8) | MLL (11q23) | 20q- (20q12, 20qter) | RUNX1/RUNX1T1 (ETO/AML1) t(8;21) | PML/RARA t(15;17) | CBFB inv(16), t(16;16)
Probes may be ordered separately except +8 and 20q- which are combined.
Disease(s): Acute myeloid leukemia
Note: STAT processing is available by request for PML-RARA. Note STAT along with MD contact name and phone number to receive STAT results.
- Bone Marrow Aspirate: 1-2 mL sodium heparin tube. EDTA tube is acceptable.
- Peripheral Blood: 2-5 mL sodium heparin tube. EDTA tube is acceptable.
- Fresh, Unfixed Tissue: Tissue in RPMI.
- Bone Marrow/ Peripheral Blood Smear or Fresh Tissue Touch Preparation Slides: minimum 7 slides labeled with specimen type.
- Fluids: Equal parts RPMI to specimen volume.
- Fixed Cell Suspension: A client fixed cell suspension may be submitted for testing as long as it is received in 3:1 Methanol:Glacial Acetic Acid.
- Paraffin Block or Cut Slides: Not available.
- Note: Please exclude biopsy needles, blades, and other foreign objects from transport tubes. These can compromise specimen viability and yield, and create hazards for employees.
Use cold pack for transport, making sure cold pack is not in direct contact with specimen. For fresh samples: ship same day as drawn whenever possible; specimens <72 hours old preferred.
3-5 days. STAT results for PML-RARA, when requested, are reported 12-24 hours from receipt in the NeoGenomics laboratory