Probes: RPN1, MECOM (3q21, 3q26.2) | 5q-, -5 (5p15, 5q31, 5q33 | 7q-, -7 (Cen 7, 7q22, 7q31) | Trisomy 8 (Cen 8) | DEK/NUP214 (CAN) t(6;9) | MLL (11q23) | ETV6 (12p13) | 17p- (TP53 17p13.1, NF1 17q11.2) | Probes may be ordered separately.
Disease(s):Acute myeloid leukemia
The AML Non-Favorable Risk FISH Panel accommodates US and international cytogenetic risk classifications for intermediate and adverse risk groups. This Panel was formerly called AML Extended Panel.
- Bone marrow aspirate: 1-2 mL sodium heparin tube. EDTA tube is acceptable.
- Peripheral blood: 2-5 mL sodium heparin tube. EDTA tube is acceptable.
- Fresh, unfixed tissue: Tissue in RPMI.
- Fluids: Equal parts RPMI to specimen volume.
- Paraffin block or cut slides: Not available.
Refrigerate specimen. Do not freeze. Use cold pack for transport. Make sure cold pack is not in direct contact with specimen.