Probes: 5q-, -5 (5p15.2, 5q33-34) | 7q-, -7 (7q31, Cen 7) | Trisomy 8 (Cen 8) | MLL (11q23) | RUNX1T1/RUNX1 (ETO/AML1) t(8;21) | PML/RARA t(15;17) | CBFB inv(16), t(16;16)
Probes may be ordered separately.
Note: STAT processing is available by request for PML-RARA. Note STAT along with MD contact name and phone number to receive STAT results.
The AML FISH panel is used for the detection of chromosome aberrations observed in AML, which aid in diagnosis, prognosis and/or therapy selection.
- Bone Marrow Aspirate: 1-2mL Sodium Heparin Tube. EDTA tube is acceptable
- Peripheral Blood: 2-5mL Sodium Heparin Tube. EDTA tube is acceptable
- Fresh, Unfixed Tissue: Tissue in RPMI
- Fluids: Equal parts RPMI to specimen volume.
- Paraffin or Cut Slides: N/A
Refrigerate specimen. Do not freeze. Use cold pack for transport, making sure cold pack is not in direct contact with specimen.
3-5 days. STAT results for PML-RARA, when requested, are reported 12-24 hours from receipt in the NeoGenomics laboratory