Probes: RUNX1/RUNX1T1 (ETO/AML1) t(8;21) | PML/RARA t(15;17) | CBFB inv(16), t(16;16)
Disease(s): Acute myeloid leukemia
Probes may be ordered separately.
The AML Favorable-Risk FISH Panel detects translocations associated with favorable prognosis.
- Bone marrow aspirate: 1-2 mL sodium heparin tube. EDTA tube is acceptable.
- Peripheral blood: 2-5 mL sodium heparin tube. EDTA tube is acceptable.
- Fresh, unfixed tissue: Tissue in RPMI.
- Fluids: Equal parts RPMI to specimen volume.
- Paraffin block or cut slides: Not available.
- Note: Please exclude biopsy needles, blades, and other foreign objects from transport tubes. These can compromise specimen viability and yield, and create hazards for employees.
Refrigerate specimen. Do not freeze. Use cold pack for transport. Make sure cold pack is not in direct contact with specimen.