Probes: RUNX1/RUNX1T1 (ETO/AML1) t(8;21) | PML/RARA t(15;17) | CBFB inv(16), t(16;16)
Disease(s): Acute myeloid leukemia
Probes may be ordered separately.
The AML Favorable-Risk FISH Panel detects translocations associated with favorable prognosis.
- Bone marrow aspirate: 1-2 mL sodium heparin tube. EDTA tube is acceptable.
- Peripheral blood: 2-5 mL sodium heparin tube. EDTA tube is acceptable.
- Fresh, unfixed tissue: Tissue in RPMI.
- Bone Marrow/ Peripheral Blood Smear or Fresh Tissue Touch Preparation Slides: minimum 3 slides labeled with specimen type.
- Fluids: Equal parts RPMI to specimen volume.
- Fixed Cell Suspension: A client fixed cell suspension may be submitted for testing as long as it is received in 3:1 Methanol:Glacial Acetic Acid.
- Paraffin block or cut slides: Not available.
- Note: Please exclude biopsy needles, blades, and other foreign objects from transport tubes. These can compromise specimen viability and yield, and create hazards for employees.
Refrigerate specimen. Do not freeze. Use cold pack for transport. Make sure cold pack is not in direct contact with specimen. For fresh samples: ship same day as drawn whenever possible; specimens <72 hours old preferred.