Probes: TCF3/PBX1 (E2A/PBX1) t(1;19) | Trisomy or Tetrasomy 4, 6, 10, 17 (Cen 4, Cen 6, Cen 10, Cen 17) | MYC (8q24) | BCR/ABL1/ASS1 t(9;22) | MLL (11q23) | ETV6/RUNX1 (TEL/AML1) t(12;21) | IgH (14q32)
Disease(s): Acute lymphoblastic (lymphocytic) leukemia (B-cell ALL), B lymphoblastic lymphoma (LBL), pediatric
Probes may be ordered separately except Centromeres 4 and 17 are paired, and Centromeres 6 and 10 are paired.
Note: STAT processing is available by request for BCR-ABL1. Note STAT along with MD contact name and phone number to receive STAT results.
Note: CDKN2A (p16) Deletion FISH is also available and may be ordered separately. See details here.
The ALL Pediatric FISH Panel is used for the detection of recurrent chromosome abnormalities observed in infants and children with ALL of B-cell lineage and B lymphoblastic lymphoma (LBL). Identification of specific abnormalities helps predict disease aggressiveness and response to therapy. This panel differs from the ALL Adult FISH Panel in that this panel includes probes for ETV6/RUNX1 t(12;21).
- Bone Marrow Aspirate: 1-2 mL sodium heparin tube. EDTA tube is acceptable.
- Peripheral Blood: 2-5 mL sodium heparin tube. EDTA tube is acceptable.
- Fresh, Unfixed Tissue: Tissue in RPMI.
- Fluids: Equal parts RPMI to specimen volume.
- Paraffin Block or Cut Slides: Not available.
- Note: Please exclude biopsy needles, blades, and other foreign objects from transport tubes. These can compromise specimen viability and yield, and create hazards for employees.
Use cold pack for transport, making sure cold pack is not in direct contact with specimen.
3-5 days. STAT results for BCR-ABL1, when requested, are reported 12-24 hours from receipt in the NeoGenomics laboratory.