Probes: PDGFRb (5q32), BCR/ABL1-ASS1 t(9;22), JAK2 (9p24.1), EPOR (19p13.2) and CRLF2 (Xp22.33/Yp11.32) are included in the ALL FISH (Ph-like) Panel. Probes may be ordered separately.
Disease(s): Philadelphia chromosome (Ph-like) acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL), B lymphoblastic leukemia/lymphoma.
The ALL FISH Panel (Ph-like) detects cytogenetic abnormalities commonly associated with Philadelphia chromosome (Ph-like) acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). Patients with Ph-like B-ALL are associated with an unfavorable prognosis, but may potentially be amenable to inhibition with select tyrosine kinase inhibitors.
- Bone Marrow Aspirate: 1-2 mL in sodium heparin tube. EDTA tube is acceptable.
- Peripheral Blood: 2-5 mL sodium heparin tube. EDTA tube is acceptable.
- Fresh, Unfixed Tissue: Tissue in RPMI
- Fluids: Equal parts RPMI to specimen volume
- Paraffin Block or Cut Slides: Not Available
- Note: Please exclude biopsy needles, blades, and other foreign objects from transport tubes. These can compromise specimen viability and yield, and create hazards for employees.
Use cold pack for transport, making sure cold pack is not in direct contact with specimen