Probes: PDGFRb (5q32), BCR/ABL1-ASS1 t(9;22), JAK2 (9p24.1), EPOR (19p13.2) and CRLF2 (Xp22.33/Yp11.32) are included in the ALL FISH (Ph-like) Panel. Probes may be ordered separately.
Disease(s): Philadelphia chromosome (Ph-like) acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL), B lymphoblastic leukemia/lymphoma.
Note: STAT processing is available by request for BCR-ABL1. Note STAT along with MD contact name and phone number to receive STAT results.
The ALL FISH Panel (Ph-like) detects cytogenetic abnormalities commonly associated with Philadelphia chromosome (Ph-like) acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). Patients with Ph-like B-ALL are associated with an unfavorable prognosis, but may potentially be amenable to inhibition with select tyrosine kinase inhibitors.
- Bone Marrow Aspirate: 1-2 mL in sodium heparin tube. EDTA tube is acceptable.
- Peripheral Blood: 2-5 mL sodium heparin tube. EDTA tube is acceptable.
- Fresh, Unfixed Tissue: Tissue in RPMI
- Bone Marrow/ Peripheral Blood Smear or Fresh Tissue Touch Preparation Slides: minimum 5 slides labeled with specimen type.
- Fluids: Equal parts RPMI to specimen volume
- Fixed Cell Suspension: A client fixed cell suspension may be submitted for testing as long as it is received in 3:1 Methanol:Glacial Acetic Acid.
- Paraffin Block or Cut Slides: Not Available
- Note: Please exclude biopsy needles, blades, and other foreign objects from transport tubes. These can compromise specimen viability and yield, and create hazards for employees.
Use cold pack for transport, making sure cold pack is not in direct contact with specimen. For fresh samples: ship same day as drawn whenever possible; specimens <72 hours old preferred.