Probes: ALK (2p23)
Disease(s): Anaplastic large cell lymphoma, NHL
ALK gene rearrangements are associated with anaplastic large-cell lymphoma (ALCL), and patients with ALK-positive ALCL have a favorable prognosis compared to patients with ALK-negative ALCL. This FISH probe detects ALK gene rearrangements irrespective of the partner gene. This probe is available separately or as part of the NHL FISH Panel.
- Bone Marrow Aspirate: 1-2mL Sodium Heparin Tube. EDTA tube is acceptable
- Peripheral Blood: 2-5mL Sodium Heparin Tube. EDTA tube is acceptable
- Fresh, Unfixed Tissue: Tissue in RPMI
- Fluids: Equal parts RPMI to specimen volume.
- Paraffin Block: H&E slide (required) plus paraffin block. Circle H&E for tech-only.
- Cut Slides: H&E slide (required) plus 2 unstained slides cut at 4 microns. Circle H&E for tech-only.
Refrigerate specimen. Do not freeze. Use cold pack for transport, making sure cold pack is not in direct contact with specimen.
4 days for both unfixed and FFPE specimens