Probes: ALK (2p23)
Disease(s): Anaplastic large cell lymphoma, NHL
ALK gene rearrangements are associated with anaplastic large-cell lymphoma (ALCL), and patients with ALK-positive ALCL have a favorable prognosis compared to patients with ALK-negative ALCL. This FISH probe detects ALK gene rearrangements irrespective of the partner gene. This probe is available separately or as part of the NHL FISH Panel.
- Bone Marrow Aspirate: 1-2mL Sodium Heparin Tube. EDTA tube is acceptable
- Peripheral Blood: 2-5mL Sodium Heparin Tube. EDTA tube is acceptable
- Fresh, Unfixed Tissue: Tissue in RPMI
- Fluids: Equal parts RPMI to specimen volume.
- Paraffin Block: H&E slide (required) plus paraffin block. Circle H&E for tech-only.
- Cut Slides: H&E slide (required) plus 2 unstained slides cut at 4 microns. Circle H&E for tech-only.
- Note: Please exclude biopsy needles, blades, and other foreign objects from transport tubes. These can compromise specimen viability and yield, and create hazards for employees.
Refrigerate specimen. Do not freeze. Use cold pack for transport, making sure cold pack is not in direct contact with specimen.
4 days for both unfixed and FFPE specimens