Probes: TNFRSF14 (1p36)
Disease(s): Follicular Lymphoma (FL)
The TNFRSF14 (1p36) deletion test is used for the detection of deletion of the TNFRSF14 gene at chromosome 1p36.32. The 2017 WHO classification of lymphoid neoplasms recognizes diffuse follicular lymphomas negative for BCL2 translocation harboring a 1p36 aberration as a unique variant.
- Bone Marrow Aspirate: N/A
- Peripheral Blood: N/A
- Fresh, Unfixed Tissue: N/A
- Fluids: N/A
- Paraffin Block: H&E slide (required) plus paraffin block. Circle H&E for tech-only.
- Cut Slides: H&E slide (required) plus 2 unstained slides cut at 4 microns. Circle H&E for tech only.
Refrigerate specimen. Do not freeze. Use cold pack for transport, making sure cold pack is not in direct contact with specimen.
- Swerdlow SH, et al. WHO classification of tumors of hematopoietic and lymphoid tissues (Revised 4th edition). IARC Press, Lyon 2017.
- Katzenberger T, et al. A distinctive subtype of t(14;18) negative nodal follicular non-Hodgkin lymphoma characterized by a predominantly diffuse growth pattern and deletions in the chromosomal region 1p36. Blood. 2009; 113: 1053-1061