19 Organizations from the Healthcare Community Unite to Form COVID-19 Testing Industry Consortium
October 1, 2020
Consortium members will work together to increase opportunities to accelerate research through enhanced collaboration and information sharing, with the ultimate goal of improving aspects of COVID-19 testing across the globe
Widespread accurate testing for SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is one critical aspect needed to limit the spread of the disease. By creating the COVID-19 Testing Industry Consortium, 19 organizations from the healthcare industry have joined forces with a goal to help inform, improve, innovate and accelerate various aspects of testing, ranging from research to clinical diagnostic applications.
The consortium brings together a diverse group of companies with synergistic areas of expertise, including precision medicine, diagnostics, occupational health, pharmaceuticals and clinical testing laboratories, to help provide clarity and potential solutions to COVID-19 testing challenges. To advance the goals of the consortium, members may:
- Share relevant expertise, materials and experiences to accelerate understanding of COVID-19.
- Analyze available scientific and health data, materials and information to develop, improve and deploy current assays and new approaches for the COVID-19 testing paradigm.
- Contribute knowledge gained from the collaborative research by publishing work that will inform the scientific community and general public of the consortium’s findings.
The consortium was organized and is led by Bristol Myers Squibb. Consortium members include:
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- ArcherDx, Inc.
- Biocartis NV
- Diaceutics, PLC
- DxTerity Diagnostics, Inc.
- Genosity, Inc.
- Hematogenix Laboratory Services
- Infinity BiologiX
- Interpace Pharma Solutions, Inc.
- Janssen Pharmaceutica, NV
- NeoGenomics Laboratories, Inc.
- Novartis Institute for BioMedical Research
- Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, Inc.
- Syngene International Limited
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited (“Takeda”)
“To uncover innovative ways to improve COVID-19 testing quickly during this global pandemic, it’s critical that we break down silos and bring together researchers from different organizations with complementary areas of expertise,” said Saurabh Saha, M.D., Ph.D., senior vice president, Translational Medicine, Bristol Myers Squibb. “This is just one of the many ways that the healthcare community is working together to help solve the COVID-19 pandemic. BMS is proud to lead this consortium and we look forward to building upon the important work that’s already been done in this space.”
“We’re honored to be one of the life sciences firms working together to help fight the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Dr. Gina Wallar, senior vice president of sales, Clinical Division, NeoGenomics, Inc. “As a laboratory we know how critical it is to get accurate, high-quality results quickly to health care providers and their patients. Through our work with the American Clinical Laboratory Association (“ACLA”) and the COVID Testing Industry Consortium, NeoGenomics is committed to a spirit of cooperation with others as we all look to control the spread of the virus.”
Click here to read more about NeoGenomics’ response to COVID-19.